As the days and evenings get chillier as we move further into fall, it seems more difficult to leave your dorm room and head over to the dining hall. All you want is to stay curled up in your sweats and big down blanket. Lucky for you, there will be no need to leave your dorm for breakfast, lunch, or dinner now that you have these simple recipes below. They are delicious and dorm friendly!
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oat
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 banana (optional)
- sugar or artificial sweetener, if desired
Add milk to oats in a deep bowl and microwave 3-5 minutes, depending on your microwave wattage and desired thickness. Watch carefully so it doesn’t spill over the sides!
While oatmeal is cooking, wash and slice strawberries. Soft strawberries work well, so you may want to mash them a little bit, but that is up to you.
When cereal is done, stir strawberries and sliced banana (if using) into oatmeal. If desired, add a little sugar or splenda.
NOTE: It is also good with a little vanilla extract if you are using plain milk, just to give it some flavor. ALSO, You may need to re-heat oatmeal a little before eating if your strawberries cool it down too much.Via Food.com
For the easy spice up, just add spices to your favorite soup!
- Any canned soup can be prepared in the microwave. We all know this, but the key is to spice it up. Next time you’re at the grocery store, grab some hot sauce, some garlic powder and some Vegeta. These 3 additions literally make every soup better.
DINNER: Pita Pizza
- Pizza sauce (or marinara or spaghetti sauce)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Other favorite pizza toppings (bacon, pepperoni, mushrooms)
Prepare pizza by spreading sauce over pita bread and cover with cheese and toppings. Now, you can microwave for about a minute, bake in oven for about 5 minutes at 300 degrees F, or cook the pita on a George Foreman to crisp before placing in microwave.
For softer chewy pizza use the microwave to cook. If you prefer a crisper crust cook in the oven. If you prefer a crispy airy crust try placing on the the George Foreman before preparing with toppings and sauce, finishing in the microwave to melt the cheese.
Send us your favorite dorm recipes here at DormWise!